This page has moved...
You will be redirected automatically there in 5 seconds.
If not, then please click on the following link:
Please update any links to this page you may have had.
Linux is a Unix like operating system
that is free and will run on the Intel 86 platform (and compatables) as
well as other platforms like Sparc, RISC and Motorola 68000 processors.
Documents and Help Pages
I have put together a few pages covering topics that I feel may
be of use to some other Linux users out there:
I am running Slackware 8.0 that I have kept
up to date and are currently sitting on kernel 2.6.0-pre1 (this is probably out of date by the time you read this).
The PC hardware is:
- Generic ATX tower case
- Intel P4 2.4G
- Gigabyte GA-8IGX motherboard
- 6 x USB 2.0 (High Speed)
- Intel 100Mb Ethernet interface
- 512M memory
- nVidia GeForce Ti4200 with 64M memory
- 40GB & 80GB Western Digital IDE disk drives
- 3 1/2 Floppy drive
- LiteOn 40x40x24 CD-R/W
- Advansys SCSI card
- Archive Python DAT Tape Drive (SCSI)
- ADS Technologies Pyro ieee1394 (Firewire) card
- Logitech keyboard and mouse
- Cardinal 33.6K modem (external) - anchient, but still going strong.
- HP Photosmart 7150 printer
- Epson Perfection 2400 Photo scanner
- Lexmark Optra E312 laser printer